Monday, April 20, 2009

First of Many Posts

So I just started this blog, and right off the bat I can tell its gonna be a great hit the likes of which the internet has never seen. You see I was talking about it with my buddy John and I was saying how if anyone has anything blog-worthy to post online it's me. Because lets be honest, a lot of the current blogs out there are just really lame. I read one the other day about this guy and his collection of ceramic figurines from the civil war. WHAT! Who would actually take the time to write something like that, I mean this post was long too. It was as if he was majoring in ceramic figurines and had just published his thesis online, and whats worse too is the amount of followers this guy was getting and the comments people were leaving. They were loving it. This left me wondering two things. One, how does someone who collect figurines know how to use the internet? Civil war Figurine collectors and advanced technology are like Tom Cruise and Coherence -- They don't go together at all. My second quetsion was, what the hell was I doing that made me end up on a site about the same figurines I'm not allowed to touch when visiting my Grandma.

So after I read that I made myself a promise, and this promise extends to those who check out my blog. I will never speak about anything nearly as dull. Not only is that a promise, its a guarantee. So help me God I will do all I can not to bore anyone.

Listen I don't want to hate on this guy for being who he is, but figurines arent my thing. I'm sure he's a great guy. No word of a lie it takes a certain amount of Cajones to start your own blog, I would know, and this guy was really rocking it, maybe i just caught him on a bad day. I dunno

Anyways back to the discussion at hand. When I told that to my buddy John he was like, "Hey man yeah, you know I'd read and it'll be sick!" So taking that advice to heart, I thought, "Yeah! I have some free time and I don't mind becoming an overnight internet sensation" So here I am people of the World. Your daily, more than you can handle, uncensored, dose of David!

No comments:

Post a Comment